The pandemic is still looming. Germany is facing the third year of Corona. What many thought to be just a few weeks or months has turned out to be much longer and more challenging than expected. IKM has asked their long-term community of consumers “Times of Corona” what they are anticipating for this year to come.
The pandemic will still dominate 2022
There is the overall expectation for 2022 that Corona will still dominate our lives. Nobody can reliably predict how it evolves, and thus participants expect a difficult couple of months with
- New and even more infectious variants of Covid
- Continuously changing and adjusting rules from political leaders
Vaccination friend and foe
Vaccination is still being discussed rather divers.
- Some criticize those vaccinations did not prevent to get infected and spread the virus and thus keep people in a wrongly perceived security. Others wish for a higher quota of vaccination and would have wished for an earlier vaccine mandate.
“Mandatory vaccinations at the beginning would have had a positive impact on the course of the pandemic“
- The need for another booster vaccination is increasingly seen
„More boosters are to be expected as the immunity in the long run cannot be guaranteed otherwise ”
But 2022 will be better!
Nevertheless, there is an overarching hope that the situation will improve in 2022.
- Summer will bring more freedom
- Next winter just light limitations
- Soon it will be endemic
- No strickt lockdown is expected for 2022
- By the end of 2022 Corona will be similar to the flu
- And in 2023 all will be even better!
After weeks of “light” lockdown, Germany went into a full lockdown in December 2020. That day, IKM started a long-term online community to observe changes in behavior, compliance, emotions, and observations of consumers in their close environment.
Stay tuned – We will consistently post findings from this standing consumer community.